Technical Lead Software Engineer
About the job
Our client is a SaaS startup providing an all-in-one business management solution used daily by thousands of green industry professionals (landscapers, arborists, irrigation technicians, etc.) all across North America. Customers us this product to manage their customer records, perform estimates & sell work, schedule crews, invoice & receive payment, and understand critical data about their business like real-time profitability. Our customers have processed over $4 billion in revenue. The green industry is in the early innings of adopting CRM and field service software, and this product is enabling this industry's evolution.
We are looking for diverse-minded people who enjoy challenging and fulfilling work to join our mission in redefining an age-old industry. Our team is highly collaborative, innovative, supportive, and we have a lot of fun. Our core values are Growth Mindset, Customer Success, We Before Me, Simplicity, and Bias to Act; if this speaks to you, we want to meet you!
Culture and growth has been recognized with multiple awards, it's a great time to join!
The reason behind the role
- Inc. 5000: #97 of 2023 Southeast Regional America's Fastest Growing Companies. (Our second year in a row!)
- #12 of Built In's 2023 Best Places to Work: Top 50 start-ups in Atlanta
- Inc Magazine's 2023 Best Places to Work
- Inc 5000 (America's fastest-growing private companies) - recognized in 2022 and 2021
We are looking for a Technical Lead - Full Stack Ruby on Rails engineer to join our team. You will be an integral part of our high performing engineering team providing expert guidance and technical leadership while delivering amazing features to our customers. If you have a passion for performance, scalability and quality and have a track record of backend Ruby on Rails and React development, we want to hear from you.
Outcomes you will drive:
Does this sound like you?
- Excellent architectural design: Lead the architectural design and development of backend product solutions, emphasizing modularity, reusability, and scalability.
- Growing the team's Ruby on Rails expertise: Provide expert guidance on best practices, patterns, and code quality related to Ruby on Rails development.
- Optimal backend and database performance: Identify performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations to enhance the overall user experience and engineering experience.
- Growing the team's React and Redux expertise: Provide guidance on best practices, patterns, and code quality related to React and Redux development.
- Valuable code reviews: Conduct code reviews and mentor other engineers to ensure code quality and adherence to best practices.
- Effective technical leadership: Collaborate with other engineers to define technical requirements and lead discussions on technology choices and trade-offs.
- Expanded test coverage: Code is tested thoroughly through unit and integration testing.
- Keeping us current: Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and advancements in frontend development, and champion the adoption of new technologies and practices where relevant.
Specific experience is less important than a demonstrable desire to learn and the ability to complete complex projects. However, a good candidate should have the following:
A few ways to stand out...
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proven experience as a Backend Ruby on Rails Developer including architecting complex applications
- Demonstrable database experience in MySQL including query analysis and tuning
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design and integration
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
Reasons why you would love it here!
- Experience with React
- Knowledge of containerization and orchestration technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Expertise in 3rd party integrations
- Familiarity with Sidekiq
- Contributions to open-source projects or a strong online presence in the developer community
An amazing startup culture with a team that supports one another, the opportunity to make a direct impact, and all the fun that's included!
- Your well-being is important. We have great health, dental, and vision plan options for you and your family. We pay 100% of employee premiums on our base health insurance plan, and 70% for dependents. For dental and vision insurance we pay 100% for employee premiums, and 70% for dependents.
- We also offer additional options for HSA (with employer contribution!), FSA, Dependent Care FSA, 401k (no match), short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, legal assistance, and much more!
- With Growth Mindset as a core value, we invest in your development with a $1,000 per year professional development stipend for conferences, courses, or anything that may help you grow
- Budget to set up your home office with any equipment you need on top of what we already provide you.
- Company Equity for all employees
- A fantastic work-life balance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off, 8 paid company holidays (US employees)
- 10 standard statutory holidays in (British Columbia)
- Unlimited PTO picks up after statutory time is taken (British Columbia)
- We shut down for a holiday break from Dec 24- Jan 01. (US & Canada employees)
A Human Approach to Staffing
eHire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.